Paragon Skills – Rational for subcontracting and supply chain fee policy for the year ending July 2021
We will consider the use of subcontractors where required in order to gain access to a range of resource and expertise by working in partnership with highly respected organisations to provide specific technical training as part of our Apprenticeship offer.
Our primary aim for subcontracting is to fill gaps in expert provision where specific technical knowledge is required, or where such expertise can enhance and enrich the teaching and learning experience. We will also consider subcontracting arrangements which will provide alternative delivery mediums such as specialist online delivery, or local classroom delivery, which better enable us to meet the needs of our learners and employers by providing enhanced facilities or better geographical access for our employers and apprentices.
As lead provider we will always as a minimum: –
- Hold the primary relationship with each Employer
- Directly enrol all learners ourselves to ensure consistent eligibility checks, induction and provision of independent advice and guidance
- Assign a Personal Tutor to every apprentice who will have prime responsibility for the delivery of the apprenticeship and the overall achievement of the apprenticeship
- Use our own learning management system to support the delivery of the apprenticeship and ensure the effective management, monitoring and quality assurance of each apprenticeship
- Conduct regular progress reviews with Apprentices and Employers
- Quality assure all delivery including that of subcontractors through, quality monitoring, observations of teaching, learning and assessment, Learner calls and interviews.
- Provide access for all subcontractors and Apprentices, support and guidance on all matters related to safeguarding, Prevent, E&D and general learner safety and wellbeing through our outstanding IncludED strategy.
Fees are calculated on an individual basis with each subcontractor taking into consideration the specific services the supplier provides and those services provided by Paragon Skills directly. The individual payment terms, rates and payment triggers are set out in detail in each contract with each supplier and each employer in order to ensure full transparency.
A proportion of the fees are retained to support the management and monitoring of the subcontractor, quality monitoring and for the provision of our outstanding IncludED programme. These fees are calculated based on the actual cost of providing these services for ourselves and they are applied directly proportionately to the fees paid to the subcontractor.
Policy last updated 11th August 2020
Updated by Steve Candlish – Head of Funding and Compliance