- Home Page
- Who is Paragon?
- What is an Apprenticeship?
- What can I train to be?
- Questions Answered
- Taster Days and Events
- Not Sure What To Do?
- Latest News
- Contact Us
- Apprentice Vacancies
Working with children is rewarding and very enjoyable. Anyone who works in the sector today must be highly trained and very professional. They also need to have the skills and ability to ensure that all children are cared for to the highest standard.
If you are able to relate to young children and adults, have a positive outlook and are able keep cool and calm when things get noisy, then you will enjoy a Childcare Apprenticeship.
A Childcare Apprenticeship will give you a wide range of skills and the knowledge you need to understand and work successfully with young children. This might be in a nursery, school, after-school club, playgroup or pre-school setting.
What will I learn?
Your Apprenticeship will enable you to achieve an NVQ at Level 2 in Children’s Care, Learning and Development. You will also learn about:
- Health and Safety
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
The modules you study include:
- Helping to Keep Children Safe
- Promoting Effective Communication
- Supporting Children’s Play and Learning
- Diversity and the Rights of the Service User
You will also gain:
- A Technical Certificate – the City and Guilds Progression Award in Children’s Care, Learning and Development.
- Functional Skills in Communication and Application of Number
- You will also receive training in Paediatric First Aid
An Advanced Apprenticeship will enable you to achieve an NVQ Level 3 in Children’s Care, Learning and Development. You will work on more advanced skills such as:
- Protecting and promoting children’s rights
- Reflect on and develop practice
- Planning and implementing curriculum frameworks for early education
- Providing leadership for your team
If you are in a management or deputy management role you can work towards an NVQ Level 4 in Children’s Care, Learning and Development. You will work on skills including:
*Co-ordinate provision for babies and children under 3 years
*Develop and support children’s early learning
*Support and evaluate the curriculum for children’s early learning
*Evaluate, assess and support the physical, intellectual, emotional and social development of children
How will I be trained?
Most of your training will be in your workplace with your employer and you will attend training sessions at a training centre on a regular basis. We will observe you at work where you will carry out most of your assessments, and we will support you with assignments and discussions.
What about the future?
Your Apprenticeship will give you a solid foundation on which to build your career. It may also provide progression to an Advanced Apprenticeship, which would prepare you for future supervisory or management posts, or provide an entry route to a Diploma or Degree in Nursing or Midwifery.
Why not contact us for more information:
|Freephone 0800 783 2545|
|Submit our online enquiry form|