- Home Page
- Who is Paragon?
- How We Can Help You
- Industries Served
- Work-based Learning
- Specialist Courses
- Questions Answered
- 24+ Advanced Learning Loan
- Equality and Diversity
- Latest News
- Contact Us
As an employer you will be committed to developing your greatest asset, your workforce. Developing their talents will help to secure the future skill needs of your business.
Hairdressing salons have to keep up with the latest trends, styles and techniques. Staying ahead of the competition requires skill and creativity from reliable staff. Technical and specialist skills must today be enhanced by financial awareness and managerial skills.
A Hairdressing Apprenticeship will help build the right skills, as Apprenticeships have been designed by employers to meet the needs of the industry, and have been developed to help create the managers of the future.
What does an Apprenticeship include?
- An NVQ in Hairdressing at Level 2
- Functional Skills in Communication and Application of Number at Level 1.
An Advanced Apprenticeship includes:
- A Hairdressing NVQ at Level 3
- Communication and Application of Number Functional Skills at Level 2
- A Technical Diploma in Hairdressing at Level 3.
Apprentices will also learn about Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR), and Health and Safety at Work.
The Diploma is focused on the knowledge and understanding that underpins the NVQ, and is provided through a programme of off-the-job training. It consists of eight units, each of which have practical and written assignments, and externally set exams.
You have a key role in developing your Apprentice’s learning plan. We work with you to ensure that the Apprenticeship meets the needs of your business.
Mandatory units of the NVQs include:
- Ensure your own actions reduce risks to Health and Safety
- Give clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo and condition hair and scalp
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Style, dress and finish hair using basic techniques
- Change hair colour using basic techniques
In addition you will select from a wide range of optional units in order to tailor the Apprenticeship to the requirements of your business.
Why not contact us for more information:
|Freephone 0800 7832545|
|Submit our online enquiry form|
Further information is also available on www.habia.org
Work Based Learning Guide
Published on Wednesday, 01 May 2013