- Home Page
- Who is Paragon?
- How We Can Help You
- Industries Served
- Work-based Learning
- Specialist Courses
- Questions Answered
- 24+ Advanced Learning Loan
- Equality and Diversity
- Latest News
- Contact Us
Distribution and Warehousing
As an employer you will be committed to developing your greatest asset â€“- your workforce. Developing their talents will help to secure the future skill needs of your business.
The efficient running of your business can depend heavily on having well trained, reliable and motivated staff, but their day-to-day warehousing skills must now be enhanced by organisational and customer service abilities.
A Distribution and Warehousing Apprenticeship will help build the right skills, as Apprenticeships have been designed by employers to meet the needs of the industry, and have been developed to help create the managers of the future.
What does an Apprenticeship include?
A Distribution and Warehousing Apprenticeship includes:
- An NVQ in Distribution and Warehousing Operations at Level 2
- Communication, Application of Number and Information Technology Funtional Skills at Level 1
- Improve own Learning Functional Skills at Level 2
- At least two additional units selected from other NVQs to suit your business.
Apprentices will also learn about Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR), and Health and Safety at Work.
You have a key role in developing your Apprentice’s learning plan. We work with you to ensure that the Apprenticeship meets the needs of your business. The exact mix of NVQ units can depend upon the warehousing and distribution sector in which your business operates.
Mandatory units of the NVQ include:
- Contribute to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace
- Contribute to keeping the workplace secure
- Work effectively in own organisation.
In addition you will select from a wide range of optional units in order to tailor the Apprenticeship to the requirements of your business, covering areas such as:
- Stock storage and order processing
- Promoting products to customers
- Customer services
- Organisational effectiveness
Why not contact us for more information:
|Freephone 0800 7832545|
Further information is also available on www.skillsforlogistics.org
Published on Wednesday, 17 April 2013